πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ‘¨πŸΎ‍πŸŽ“ Final Year Here We Go! πŸ‘¨πŸΎ‍πŸŽ“ πŸ™ŒπŸΎ

03:43

☝️Back at it again with the monthly blogs☝️

After what was perhaps the hardest set of exams I've had to sit in my entire life, I'm glad to let you all know that I made it into my final year of my BSc Chemistry course at Imperial with a 2:1 overall! Exciting stuff right? It's also been a very busy summer...

⚡ NCS - The Challenge 
Myself and the rest of the core seasonal staff team for Hounslow Wave 5
I was fortunate enough to have worked for 2 months in the summer as a Programme Leader and a Senior mentor for The NCS Challenge after really enjoying working as a music practitioner last summer.


This time around, I had more responsibility in the sense that I was in charge of the wellbeing of and logistical management of six core staff members and about 60 Year 11 Leavers. My leadership and communication skills were constantly being tested. It wasn't easy, at all! The majority of the role was residential meaning it was very intense and demanding.

The working day started as soon as I woke up early in the AM right till I dropped to sleep to sleep, mostly in the AM too! Being part of and witnessing the positive impact the programme had on the young people made it all worthwhile though.
A thank you card from one of the teams from Hounslow Wave 5
πŸ€” Business as usual at LuL? πŸ€”
As my summer was quite busy, I found myself having less and less time for the Let Us Learn campaign over the past couple of months but upon my return I was glad to see how much work the campaign had managed to accomplish.
As some of you may know, the fight is not yet over and young migrants all across the UK are having a tough time accessing student finance and pursuing their dreams through higher education. Once again, we have managed to work very hard to secure scholarships for a select few.

We have also  decided to set our sights at tackling the issue with processing times for applications at the Home Office which take AAAAAAAAAGES! That will be alongside our main efforts to open up access to student finance and that has been titled "Chasing Status", cool title right?
Super-selfie from one of our monthly gatherings at the LuL HQ!
πŸŒ‡ Back at Woodward πŸŒ‡
Wardening Team @Woodward Buildings
© Andreea Otilia Şuiu 
I've also reprised my role as a Hall Senior back at our halls of residence which has been a lot of fun already. Working with other students to ensure that the new cohort of freshers have a nice experience during their time here at Woodward Buildings was a lot of fun last year and I look forward to carrying on this year!

Organising events, ushering freshers to and from uni in the first few days and helping them move into halls has been the bulk of my duties so far as a hall senior and I'm really looking forward to the events we'll be holding over the coming year, I'll be sure to keep you guys updated!
A poster I made for one of the events coming up during Freshers' Fortnight
I hope you are all had a good summer (or whatever little sun we got these past couple of months) and it's nice to be back blogging again. Really looking forward to my final year, especially the major project this year which will be mainly based in the labs.
πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

P.S. Keep yourself educated this Black History Month!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images